Custom Column Dropdown list from another sheet

I am trying to have my list of dropdown items in a column update based on another sheet in smartsheets. Basically would like to have the dropdown values change when the values in the other smartsheet sheet updates.

The list would be current projects we have going on at the time and as we win more projects this list would obviously change.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Mike Rathe

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible now, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• I've developed a solution by using the Premium App, Data Shuttle.

Is that an option?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• David Jasven
    David Jasven ✭✭✭✭

Hi Mike,

I understand the importance of having your dropdown items update automatically based on another sheet in Smartsheet, especially when dealing with a dynamic list like current projects. I faced a similar challenge and found it inefficient to update the dropdown values manually. To solve this, I developed a solution that allows dropdown values to auto-populate and update as the source sheet changes.

You can see how it works in this demo video: . If it seems like a good fit for your needs, feel free to sign up to use this feature.

I'm here to help if you have any questions or need further assistance.

😊 If my response helped solve your problem, please consider marking it as Insightful, Vote Up, or Awesome. It helps the community find solutions more easily!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & DEVELOPMENT PARTNER

David Jasven | Workflow and Business Process Consultant / CEO @ Must.do

W: www.must.do | E: smartsheethelp@must.do | WhatsApp: +1 347 380-7697

Feel comfortable to contact me for any help with Smartsheet, integrations, general business process advice, or anything else. I am more responsive on Whatsapp.