When changing the source cell, linked cells are not updating with the new information.

I have seen this thread a couple times in the community chat. When I update my source cell, the linked cells remain the same. Any suggestions or is this another bug?

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jacob Storey

Hope you are fine, yes it takes some time to update the linked cells and the speed of updating affected with many factors like the number of links & the internet speed .. atc, my advice to you is to use formula for linking using functions such as Index with Match, Join with Collect, Index with Collect. it will update faster.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• I am having a similar problem. It's not a time thing, this is happening with days or weeks of time for the linked cell to have updated.

• Same problem on my end, update takes around 10 minutes. No complex formulas involved, just linking two values from one table to another one. Is there any statement from smartsheet on that matter?

• gpm
    gpm ✭✭

Anyone have an answer for this? I just recently ran into this problem.