how to formula contain in a cell

Hi, i am trying to formulate countif and contain in a formula but can't seem to do it right. i want to countif the cell in this column contains certain words because some columns would have two answers so the direct countif , value = xyz doesn't do the trick.

Best Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

@Kent Chong

Could you please add a screenshot for your sheet after removing any sensitive data

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

β˜‘οΈ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

@Kent Chong

Please try the following formula

=COUNTIFS(contacts:contacts, HAS(@cell,Β "XYZ"))

PMP Certified

β˜‘οΈ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

@Kent Chong

Yes contact for column name, @cell leave it as is it because this to tell countifs to check cell by cell

PMP Certified

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/21/21 Answer βœ“

@Kent Chong

Excellent, I will be happy to help you any time.

PMP Certified

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!