If one cell doesn't match another cell value, then notification send out

I have a condition where if a contact in Assigned To cell is different than the contact in Created By cell all in the same row, then send a notification to the Assigned to that the row has been assigned to them. They don't want notifications if both cells are the same contact.

Thanks!

Best Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Hi @Fred Dodds

Hope you are fine, please try the following:

add a helper column check box type call it "Check" and use the following formula to check it:

=IFERROR(IF(OR(ISBLANK([Created By]@row), ISBLANK([Assigned To]@row)), 0, IF([Assigned To]@row <> [Created By]@row, 1)), "")

then use the following workflow:

the workflow:

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

β˜‘οΈ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

@Fred Dodds

You are welcome, please accept my answer. And I will be grateful for your vote up.

PMP Certified

β˜‘οΈ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Hi @Fred Dodds

Hope you are fine, please try the following:

add a helper column check box type call it "Check" and use the following formula to check it:

=IFERROR(IF(OR(ISBLANK([Created By]@row), ISBLANK([Assigned To]@row)), 0, IF([Assigned To]@row <> [Created By]@row, 1)), "")

then use the following workflow:

the workflow:

PMP Certified

• Fred Dodds
    Fred Dodds ✭✭✭

Thank you Bassam! Much appreciated!

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

@Fred Dodds

You are welcome, please accept my answer. And I will be grateful for your vote up.

PMP Certified

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!