Pivot does not update

the pivot table does not update if I change some data on the main table. Does anyone know how this can be solved?

thank you,

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Daniele Gattafoni

Could it be that the Execution Frequency set on your Pivot Configuration means that the Pivot app hasn't run the update yet? This is on the second tab of the Configuration:

See Step 2 in: Create a Pivot Sheet

Cheers,

Genevieve

• my execution frequency is set to "update immediately" but still does not update if I change anything in the sheet

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Daniele Gattafoni

Where is the data coming from, is the Pivot app Configuration based off a Sheet or a Report?

Would you be able to post a screen capture of the main source data and the end Pivot table that hasn't been updated? (But please block out sensitive data.)

Thanks,

Genevieve

• all the data in the pivot come from a sheet

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Daniele Gattafoni

What happens when you manually run the Pivot Config, by clicking on the Pivot name. Does that update the destination sheet? Has it ever run successfully, and if so, when was the last time it updated the destination sheet?

• S Wood
    S Wood ✭✭

@Genevieve P. I also no longer have "update immediately" as an option for pivot frequency. The only options are None, 1 hour, 12 hours, 1 day and 1 week. Has this feature been disabled? I am running my pivot off of a report.

• Genevieve P.

Hi @S Wood

This is expected when your source is a Report. Since the Report uses underlying sheets to get the data, "Update Immediately" isn't available. In this instance, every 1 hour will be the most frequent option to choose.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi - I am running into a similar issue where I updated a sheet with an attachment that updates another sheet through a data mesh. The pivots then come from the completed sheet but they do not update immediately as selected for frequency. I can go in and manually click on the pivot which will let it run but that defeats the purpose of what I'd like to accomplish. I believe everything is set up properly but would love some help :)

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Derek Kraus

Can you clarify how long you're waiting before manually refreshing the Pivot?

It's expected that the Pivot app's execution frequency of "immediately" can mean anywhere between 5 minutes of the change to up to 1 hour. The longer gap happens if there are a number of requests all coming through at the same time: if there is a high load on the systems, Pivot falls back on a scheduled job that runs all of the configs every hour. This background process helps to make sure that changes that are made to the source Sheet are put into the target Sheet.

If you're still not seeing your Pivot workflows run after over an hour, please reach out to Smartsheet Support with as much detail as possible and they can help look into this for you.

Cheers,

Genevieve