View "Today" line in Gantt on Dashboard

In a Report, I see a vertical line for "today's date" on the Gantt Chart. However, when the report is dropped onto a Dashboard, the vertical line is not displayed. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @E. Robert Shanfeld

Currently the Report Widget has different functionality than the source report and does not show the dotted Today's line, as you've noted (please let our Product team know about your feedback by filling in this form, here).

If it's important to display this, you can Publish the report and use the Published link in a Web Content Widget to add your report to the Dashboard via a different type of widget instead.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Absolutely needed - right now I screen capture the views with the dotted "today" line and paste that into docs for my customers because they have asked for the line! I need it in a Gantt Report - and then i can show it the Dashboards too.

• liam_n
    liam_n ✭✭
    edited 08/24/22

I think it is absolutely mental that this isn't a standard feature. I've used Smartsheet on and off over the years and still cannot fathom how this hasn't been sorted yet. Everyone expects to see a date line on a gantt chart in the dashboards. Please please could this be added :(

• I was shocked to find this thread from almost 2 years ago! This seems like an oversight that the dashboard widget version of a Gantt chart would NOT show the today line - absurd. Is there an idea posted in the forums I can vote for to get this added?