How to extract unique values from source sheet A in Sheet B

Options
anilkrag1984
anilkrag1984 ✭✭
edited 07/29/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi Team

I have two Smartsheets Sheet A and Sheet B, Sheet A is the source sheet from which unique values in sheet B to be extracted. Can anyone suggest me how to achieve this?

As shown in the screenshot Submitter Name is the column which stores duplicate names and need to be extracted in other sheet uniquely.

Also the data in Sheet A entered by submitter with the help of form, If there is new entry in Sheet A will this be added automatically in Sheet B if found unique.

Please refer Sheet B also, This is how the data should look like if new Submitter added in Sheet A it will automatically updated in Sheet B

Please advise

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @anilkrag77641

Can I ask what the purpose of this second sheet is?

The easiest way to do this would actually be to create a Report from this sheet instead of a second sheet. Then you can GROUP the Report by the Submitter Name. You can even use the Summary function to COUNT how many rows is associated with each name, if that helps.

Then if you collapse the Grouped rows you'll be left with a list of unique Submitter Names. As new rows are added, the Report will automatically update. Will this work for you?

Cheers,

Genevieve