Edit Task (sheet row) from Dashboard

Options

I have created a dashboard that list tasks by "Past Due", "Due Today" and "Due in the Next 1O Days". I am using reports for each of those sections. (see pic)

MY GOAL: My ultimate goal is to allow all end users to click on a task in the list and open a form (or in "Card View Editor") so that they can update them.

WHERE I AM: So far the only thing I can get to happen is to open the associated "Report" when they click on the dashboard.

-- Has anyone attempted something like this?

-- Is it even possible?

I've searched through everything I could find... any help is greatly appreciated...

Best Answer

• Sameer Karkhanis
    Sameer Karkhanis ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/02/21 Answer ✓
    Options

You cannot edit anything from within the dashboard widgets. You can only edit the data in sheets or reports that are launched as a result of the interaction you have defined on the dashboard widgets.

Smartsheet Team -- Editing right from within the dashboard widget would be a very welcome capability/feature though.

Answers

• Sameer Karkhanis
    Sameer Karkhanis ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/02/21 Answer ✓
    Options

You cannot edit anything from within the dashboard widgets. You can only edit the data in sheets or reports that are launched as a result of the interaction you have defined on the dashboard widgets.

Smartsheet Team -- Editing right from within the dashboard widget would be a very welcome capability/feature though.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!