Referencing 2 ranges in another sheet

LeeR
LeeR ✭✭
edited 07/30/21 in Formulas and Functions

Hi all,

I'm trying to use data from another sheet to get a count. I have 2 relevant columns in the reference sheet, Name and Date. I'm trying to count the number of dates for a given name in the last 30 days.

Here's the formula I'm trying to use:

=COUNTIF({Hiring Actuals Range 1}, ="Smith, John", {Hiring Actuals Range 2}, >TODAY(-30)))

I'm getting an #UNPARSEABLE error. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Tags:

Best Answer

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @LeeR , welcome to the community!

You're so close! You just need to change the Function from "COUNTIF" to "COUNTIFS".

You can see a list of Smartsheet's functions here: Smartsheet Functions List. I'd recommend bookmarking this page!

---

If this solution works for you, please mark "Yes" below - that helps others looking for a solution similar to this to find this post (and you random Googlers out there 👀).

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

Love,

Brett Wyrick | Connect with me on LinkedIn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023 update: I'm no longer working on Smartsheet stuff. I started working at Microsoft in 2022, plus I have 1-year-old twins at home and frankly, I don't have enough time to do Smartsheet anymore. It's been real, Smartsheeters!

Answers

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @LeeR , welcome to the community!

You're so close! You just need to change the Function from "COUNTIF" to "COUNTIFS".

You can see a list of Smartsheet's functions here: Smartsheet Functions List. I'd recommend bookmarking this page!

---

If this solution works for you, please mark "Yes" below - that helps others looking for a solution similar to this to find this post (and you random Googlers out there 👀).

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

Love,

Brett Wyrick | Connect with me on LinkedIn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023 update: I'm no longer working on Smartsheet stuff. I started working at Microsoft in 2022, plus I have 1-year-old twins at home and frankly, I don't have enough time to do Smartsheet anymore. It's been real, Smartsheeters!

• LeeR
    LeeR ✭✭

Thank you @Brett Wyrick, you're a lifesaver!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!