Formula Question

Hi all I hope this finds everyone well and thank you in advance for the assistance. What i would like to do is update status by having smartsheet look at a second sheet.

I'm maintaining a list of locations with deployment dates, if the item appears on the shipping report put a checkbox in the column called shipping on the deployment schedule.

Answers

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Thomas J Ehid, what you want to do is possible, but I think I'm going to need some more info from you.

So, correct me if I'm wrong (I gave arbitrary names to each sheet to make it easier to understand and organize:

• Sheet1 = sheet you are using "live"; maintaining a list of locations with deployment dates. Includes "Shipping" checkbox, which you'd like to be auto-checked based on if the value in "Location" is the same as what's on "Shipping Report" Sheet2.
    • Sheet2 = "Shipping report", which also includes list of locations (is that accurate?)

Do I have this right?

In regards to referring to different sheets for data, you can have one sheet "look at" another sheet by utilizing what Smartsheet refers to as "Cross Sheet References". You can check out Smartsheet's explanation of it here. It works similar as to Excel's cross sheet reference, if you're familiar. Smartsheet has a step-by-step guide that I think will do you well to read for this:

Formulas: Reference Data from Other Sheets | Smartsheet Learning Center

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

Love,

Brett Wyrick | Connect with me on LinkedIn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023 update: I'm no longer working on Smartsheet stuff. I started working at Microsoft in 2022, plus I have 1-year-old twins at home and frankly, I don't have enough time to do Smartsheet anymore. It's been real, Smartsheeters!