how to chart datas over a period?

Hello Everyone,

I am struggling to find a way to chart this data, where I got hours of each resource required for each project. Trying to chart total number of hours of each resource over a period, lets say for the next 3 months of project lined up.

I am at a stage where I can only be able to chart them per project of each resource which I don't want. I got the metrics value from sheet summary which is displayed in the dashboard but chart is what I am looking for.

Each color bar represents each resource and their hours,. ultimately I would want each resource hours summed up and chart them as 5 separate columns over quarter 1.

Any suggestions or guiding will be really helpful. Please find the images below for reference.

Thank you.

Best Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Raamkumar Manickavasagam

Great news! You posted this question at the perfect time. Smartsheet released a new feature just yesterday which allows Charts in a Dashboard to take their source data from the Grouping and Summary rows of a Report! See the Release Notes on this new feature, here.

This means you can build your bar chart from the numbers you're currently displaying as metrics in your Report. Let me know if this resolves your issue!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Raamkumar Manickavasagam

No, you would need to create individual source reports for each Chart Widget in order to plot different grouping or filters. However, to make this easier, you could create a duplicate Report using the "Save as New" function and then you would only need to make minor adjustments (versus starting from scratch).

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers