Changing "From" or "reply-to" in automated notifications

Is a way to change the sender or reply line in automated notifications sent to people in emails? I create lots of sheets and automations for other teams in my company and would like to change those so I'm not the contact.

As of now it looks like I should make the appropriate person the owner of the sheet and include in the msg "do not reply to this msg, reply to name@domain." It would be nice if I could modify the actual info in the automation though.

Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Chris Farley

There currently isn't a way to customize the sender or reply-to email from automations generated by Smartsheet. Your suggestion of ensuring that the correct person is the owner of the sheet and adding in a helper text line to indicate who the user should respond to is what I would suggest at this point.

Please let the Product team know about your feedback, outlining your specific processes and use-case, through this form here.

Thank you!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Chris Farley

There currently isn't a way to customize the sender or reply-to email from automations generated by Smartsheet. Your suggestion of ensuring that the correct person is the owner of the sheet and adding in a helper text line to indicate who the user should respond to is what I would suggest at this point.

Please let the Product team know about your feedback, outlining your specific processes and use-case, through this form here.

Thank you!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• RPIArchShop
    RPIArchShop ✭✭✭✭

This is a very important issue. ALL of the communication via UPDATE FORMS come from me, even if the person filling out the update form is not me.

• bkw1962
    bkw1962 ✭✭✭

As usual, no progress from Smartsheet on a critical feature request from users. This has been collecting dust for going on 2 years now. What are you actually working on Smartsheet development? Back to MS Project for me....