RAG status based on dates overdue

Options

Hi,

I'm attempting to get an output of either, "On Track", "Overdue" or "Critically Overdue" for baseline milestone dates in Smartsheet, with the Overdue being 5 days over & Critically overdue being 20 days over respectively.

I have drafted the initial IF statement, however i'm suck on how to add the additional "Critically Overdue" parameter and how to add the 5 & 20 days threshold.

=IF([Baseline Date]@row = [Actual Date]@row, "On Track", "Overdue")

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Ben

Tags:

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @BenM 

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula and covert it to column format formula:

=IFERROR(IF(OR([Actual Date]@row = "", [Baseline Date]@row = ""), "", IF([Actual Date]@row
    = [Baseline Date]@row, "On Track", IF(AND([Baseline Date]@row - [Actual Date]@row >= 5,
    [Baseline Date]@row - [Actual Date]@row <= 20), "Overdue",
    IF([Baseline Date]@row - [Actual Date]@row > 20, "Critically Overdue")))), "")

The following screenshot shows the result:

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @BenM 

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula and covert it to column format formula:

=IFERROR(IF(OR([Actual Date]@row = "", [Baseline Date]@row = ""), "", IF([Actual Date]@row
    = [Baseline Date]@row, "On Track", IF(AND([Baseline Date]@row - [Actual Date]@row >= 5,
    [Baseline Date]@row - [Actual Date]@row <= 20), "Overdue",
    IF([Baseline Date]@row - [Actual Date]@row > 20, "Critically Overdue")))), "")

The following screenshot shows the result:

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• BenM
    Options

Hi Bassam,

That has worked perfectly, thank you!😀

Kind regards,

Ben

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/09/21
    Options

@BenM

Excellent, i will be happy to help you any time.

PMP Certified

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!