Workflow getting triggered even when condition isn't met

I have a workflow with the trigger filter as shown in the attached pic.

Approval requests further down in the workflow are getting sent out even when 'Type of Status Change' is 'Promotion'.

Any idea why this is happening or how to fix it?

Thanks!

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Ryan Levitz 

Hope you are fine, you added a part of your workflow and it doesn't shows any reason for your problem. could you please check and it's better if you add also a screenshot for your original sheet  (after removing or replacing any sensitive information).

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Ryan Levitz

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange! I agree with Bassam.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi all, opening this back up. I saved the sheet as new, and changed all of the approval request recipients to myself. Most of the automations have 3 sequential approval requests (one has 4 of them).

When a new line is entered via the form, I get the first approval request properly. As soon as I approve it I get all of 'level 2' approval requests. Each automation corresponds to a specific 'Status Change Type', for example: Promotion, Termination, New Hire, etc.

Many of the approvers are the same people. For example, Jeff Halling is the first approver for all things in the North division. All of those approvals go to the "Jeff Halling Approval" column.

Does there need to a separate column for each type of status change approval. For example do I need a Jeff Halling Promotion Approval, Jeff Halling New Hire Approval, etc?

I have recorded my screen to show what is happening. I am happy to share the sheet with you and let you play around with whatever you want. https://www.dropbox.com/s/zykogicqaf7ebcw/smartsheet%20video.mov?dl=0

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Ryan Levitz

I'd be happy to take a quick look.

Please go ahead and share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s)? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.