Restricting access to saved documents within a worksheet

Options

Hello,

Is there a way (sorry if this is obvious) to restrict who can see documents saved in a task plan? I believe I can restrict based on an access level (Viewer, admin, User, etc..) But can I restrict more granularly? From an info security perspective, I am being asked to restrict who can view certain docs saved to a plan even if they have the same access rights (Viewer, admin, User, etc..). For example, Bob who is a user can see the contract saved but John who is also a user cannot.

Thanks,

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @DDeLong

No, there currently isn't a way to share a sheet but then restrict if users can view or access the attachments on those rows. If they can see the entire sheet, they can see the attachments.

If your user only needs viewer permissions, one way to restrict access to attachments would be to create a Report from the sheet, then embed the Report in a Dashboard using the Report Widget.

Then, share the Dashboard to this user instead of the underlying sheet. This will only show them the cell data in each row without surfacing attachments or comments:

Would this work for you?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @DDeLong

No, there currently isn't a way to share a sheet but then restrict if users can view or access the attachments on those rows. If they can see the entire sheet, they can see the attachments.

If your user only needs viewer permissions, one way to restrict access to attachments would be to create a Report from the sheet, then embed the Report in a Dashboard using the Report Widget.

Then, share the Dashboard to this user instead of the underlying sheet. This will only show them the cell data in each row without surfacing attachments or comments:

Would this work for you?

Cheers,

Genevieve