IF Formula Help

Hi guys,

I would like to implement the following automation process of "% Complete" -> "Status".

The approach would be:

1. IF: % Complete: 0% -> "Not Started"
  2. IF: % Complete: 0% ≤x≤ 100% -> "In Progress"
  3. IF: % Complete: 100% -> "Completed"

My current IF formula does not display and consider the last 2 conditions, I honestly do not know why.

Could anybody help me on this? :)

Many thanks in advance!!!

Best regards,

Torsten

Best Answer

• Tim Shaded
    Tim Shaded ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello Torsten,

You can try the formula below. The thing to remember with nested IF statements is that they get processed from left to right. This allows for logic on the last IF statement to simply look for greater than 0, but still show as complete when it equals 1, as the second IF statement takes priority over the last one.

=IF([% Complete]@row = 0, "Not Started", IF([% Complete]@row = 1, "Complete", IF([% Complete]@row > 0, "In Progress")))

Hope this helps.

Answers

• Tim Shaded
    Tim Shaded ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello Torsten,

You can try the formula below. The thing to remember with nested IF statements is that they get processed from left to right. This allows for logic on the last IF statement to simply look for greater than 0, but still show as complete when it equals 1, as the second IF statement takes priority over the last one.

=IF([% Complete]@row = 0, "Not Started", IF([% Complete]@row = 1, "Complete", IF([% Complete]@row > 0, "In Progress")))

Hope this helps.

• Amazing, it works!! Thanks a lot Tim!! :)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!