Automation Assistance with Dates

Hello SS Community.

In my project tracker, I have different sites that have milestone dates that often move up and get pushed out depending on outside variables. In the same row as the site, we attach the fiscal quarter i.e. (Q1,Q2,etc.).

For my dashboard for the project tracker its counting the fiscal quarter, and if I don't always catch the new fiscal quarter when a date changes, it can skew my stats.

I'd like to know how can I use automation or conditional formatting, so that I can set the start and end date for each quarter and as the "date" changes in that column how it can automatically switch the fiscal quarter to the correct quarter without any manual manipulation.

Thank you

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Pete Photis

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Pete Photis
    Pete Photis ✭✭✭
    edited 08/17/21

Good Morning Andrée,

So yes the project tracker is managing different properties. The columns on the tracker are different milestone check boxes, addresses, etc.

The move in date is the field that constantly changes, its a date column as far as formatting goes. In the same row/property, there is a fiscal quarter drop down multi column that I can select the quarter.

I would like to have the two columns tied together so that as I change the dates in the move in column, that the fiscal quarter adjusts accordingly.

+