Is there a way to bundle Sheet template, Report Templates and Dashboard template?

Scenario: I have created a sheet template that we use for all projects which has about 6 reports(Late Tasks, Next Tasks, At Risk task etc) and one dashboard that are associated with that one sheet.

Is there way to create the reports and the dashboard automatically once a new sheet is created off the template and have those reports and dashboards point to that sheet?

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@WillB

Glad to hear it, and I am as well!

• Add everything that should be connected to the same Folder or Workspace and then use the save as new feature to keep everything connected. --- If I follow this correctly, when I do a file save as new let's say for the primary sheet, even if I do a file save as for the reports, it will always look for the original sheet that is was connected to even if it has the same name? At least that is what happened when I just tested it.

You would do the Save as new on the folder/workspace containing all of the Smartsheet items you'd like to be connected.

Example. New Project, you save as new a templatized structure that is in a folder, and it can contain reports, dashboards, sheets, and more.

• Automate it fully with the Premium App, Control Center --- Is there are You Tube video or any other material that you would recommend for additional information on this?

More info.

Would that work/help?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @WillB

I hope you're well and safe!

There are two options.

• Add everything that should be connected to the same Folder or Workspace and then use the save as new feature to keep everything connected.
    • Automate it fully with the Premium App, Control Center

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• WillB
    WillB ✭✭

Hi Andree,

I am doing well, thanks. I hope you are as well.

A couple questions on each option presented.

• Add everything that should be connected to the same Folder or Workspace and then use the save as new feature to keep everything connected. --- If I follow this correctly, when I do a file save as new let's say for the primary sheet, even if I do a file save as for the reports, it will always look for the original sheet that is was connected to even if it has the same name? At least that is what happened when I just tested it.
    • Automate it fully with the Premium App, Control Center --- Is there are You Tube video or any other material that you would recommend for additional information on this?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@WillB

Glad to hear it, and I am as well!

You would do the Save as new on the folder/workspace containing all of the Smartsheet items you'd like to be connected.

Example. New Project, you save as new a templatized structure that is in a folder, and it can contain reports, dashboards, sheets, and more.

More info.

Would that work/help?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• WillB
    WillB ✭✭

Andree,

Thank you very much, I think both options will work.

Have a great day,

Will

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@WillB

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Let me know if you'd like to explore Control Center, and I'd be happy to help!