HOW TO SHARE A REPORT TO CERTAIN USERS

I am interesting in knowing how to share a report to certain users, so they can edit some columns and attach files without having to share the source sheet of that report, or if is there's a way in which the user can edit only the rows assigned to them without being able to view the source sheet.

Answers

• Michael Pappas
    Michael Pappas ✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/20/21

I believe that what you're trying to do is possible, but depends on your Smartsheet Plan.

If I'm not mistaken, you can do the first thing using WorkApps, but you have to have an Enterprise Plan to use WorkApps.

I think that you need Dynamic View to do the second thing.

You can use filters in Reports to only show the Current User the Rows that are Assigned To them, but I'm pretty sure they would have to be shared to the underlying sheets also.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @YEISON ANDRADE

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible natively, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• The premium app, WorkApps (Included in Enterprise and higher)
    • The premium app, Dynamic View

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.