Enterprise Backup Solution Recommendation

Can anyone suggest an enterprise backup solution that is backed up at a system admin level not an individual level? Smartsheet sales recently suggested a 3rd party solution, SmartBackup which we are trialing right now but I didn't know if there are any other alternatives?

Thanks!

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Leni Burrow 

Hope you are fine, Smartsheet has an experimental Backup Tool. this Backup Tool is a Java command-line tool that you can use to completely back up your entire Smartsheet account. Compatible with multi-user (Smartsheet Team, Enterprise, and Business) plans only.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Hi Leni,

I am also looking for a solution and am testing out AcuWorkflow. It seems to work fine for the free version, but I will need to vet the company before suggesting it as a solution. They are currently in the process of finding a client recommendation for me. I would like to talk to someone that has successfully been using the product before spending more money.

I'm going to pass the Backup Tool onto some of my more experienced IT coworkers to see what they think. I would be interested to learn what you ultimately choose.

Thanks,

Julie

• Hi all,

I am needing a robust backup solution for more than just the data. Dashboards, reports, file and folder structure, sheet structures/formatting/formulas/automation/forms, etc. also need to be able to be restored in the event of an issue. I am limited in extending Smartsheet to other areas in the business due to lack of a robust backup solution as we could not use it for business-critical work. Please everyone who also needs this, enter a Product Enhancement Request here

Thank you!

~ Annie ~

• ShawnR
    ShawnR ✭✭

I would concur. Smartsheet is in desperate need of a more complete enterprise grade backup solution. You ought to be able to get everything out with one backup process. Sheets, formulas, dashboards, automations, etc. Everything. If their cloud environment blows up, I want to be able to restore everything when they come back.