Conditional Formatting -- Highlight an entire row

Based on the fictitious data above, I would like to highlight the entire row when the State changes. So, I would like to highlight Row 1, Row 4, and Row 6 OR, as an alternative, highlight Row 3, Row 5, and Row 9. Can anybody help with this? I'm new to conditional formatting.

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @LWright

Hope you are fine, you need to define the criteria that you will use for conditional formatting first for example if Status = Florida then highlight the entire row with Yellow color:

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• LWright
    LWright ✭✭✭

Thanks, Bassam.

Perhaps I should have been a littler clearer. Sorry about that. I won't know which "States" will be on the sheet (though they will be grouped/alphabetized). I want the highlighting to occur every time the name changes. This will just help visually when viewing the sheet.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@LWright

If i understand what you need this time then you can create a conditional formatting rule for each group to highlight by group.

or if you have more information about what you need to do exactly i can help you with that please call me :

Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"