Formula assistance

Options
Andrew PC
Andrew PC ✭✭
edited 08/24/21 in Formulas and Functions

Hi,

Could someone please help me understand why my formula doesn't work. What I am trying to achieve is:

IF today's date is between the CI Start & CI Finish, then return "Consultants Inspections"

IF today's date is between the BSI Start & BSI Finish, then return "Building Surveyor Inspections"

IF today's date is between the PI Start & PI Finish, then return "Principle Inspections"

IF today's date is before CI Start, then return "Not Started"

If today's date is after PI Finish, then return "Complete"

If today's date is anywhere in between the 3 date ranges, then the cell is empty.

There are cases where BSI columns don't have dates, I need to address this as well in the formula.

I suspect the problem is in the American style of date format. I can't work out how to change it. I checked personal settings and date format at the top of the sheet and both show the correct English format.

Many thanks for your help!

Answers

• Andrew PC
    Andrew PC ✭✭
    edited 08/24/21
    Options

I have resolved this issue. How do I delete my question?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Andrew PC

I hope you're well and safe!

Glad you got it working!

Two options.

• Please explain how you solved it so others with the same issue might find a solution here.

Please support the Community by marking your post with the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• If you want to delete the post instead, you can click on the flag and select Report and Delete...

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!