CARD VIEW: Filtering Subtasks within the Parent Card

Scenario:

Within Card View, I have a Parent Card titled "Water Account Plots" which has 5 x subtasks (seen in red below)

These correspond with the subtasks seen within Grid View

Within Card View, if I FILTER by Person 1...

Result: The result unfortunately still shows all 5 x subtasks within the parent card? (and I was expecting it to filter and show only 2. i.e. the 2 rows that are assigned to Person 1 as seen in the Grid view further above).

Ideally, I would like to see the subtasks seen within the Parent Card to only show the 2 rows corresponding with my filter. i.e. I filtered Person 1, so I only want to see the 2 corresponding rows with person 1 and have only those 2 displayed within the Parent Card. As such, I want it to look like this instead (where the end pic is doctored to show 2 rows). That is what I want it to show based on my filter.

Now I know you can right-click on the subtasks (after you have filtered) and click

result = the 2 x filtered subtasks

However, I don't want to have to do the above step. Rather, I just want to filter to Person 1, and have the Parent Card just show those 2 filtered results (as per my doctored pic below)

That way, Person 1 can filter just their jobs and tick them off nice and quickly from this Parent Card.

I will eventually have over a hundred cards where several staff members need to be able to quickly filter to their name and tick off just their subtasks from within each Parent Card once completed etc.

Any help much appreciated.

Thank you for any suggestions or if there is a way to address this.

Yours Sincerely,

James.

Tags:

Answers