How do I create a filter to show current month?

Sara Ross
Sara Ross ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to have a filter that shows the current month and it's children. Ideas?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sara Ross

I hope you're well and safe!

You'd need to add so-called helper columns.

• One date column with a date of the same month.
    • Check box column with a formula that checks that date column and checks the box if TODAY is the current month.
    • Then you'd add a filter looking at the check box

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Sara Ross
    Sara Ross ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you. I guess the key was creating 2 helper columns. I had been trying to utilize just one helper column for a cleaner sheet, but this will work. There can be so many different paths to get the same result...it's helpful to have feedback from other users on what the most efficient solution is to the problem.

I appreciate your help!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Sara Ross

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.