CALENDAR VIEW HELP

Options

Is there a way that you can either hide or move to another sheet any information that is over 4 weeks old. What we are trying to do is make a calendar view for PTO requests, but we only want the current month and going forward. We don't want anything older than 1 month visible to anyone other than HR. I've tried using the automation, but i just can't figure it out. Maybe there is a formula?

Answers

• Terry McClelland
    Options

Hi, I think there are a couple of ways to handle your question.

1. You could create an automation to move rows to another sheet. For example, if your date is in the past, move to "archive" sheet.
    2. You could use a report to display your calendar (instead of the sheet) and filter the report to only display entries/items, "not in the past."

I am making assumptions about your data and that you have date columns to key off of to support either of the methods. I would consider trying out the report option first, as it may be easier.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

• Siobhan
    Siobhan ✭✭
    Options

There will really be no information besides date and employee name with PTO request on that date. We just need to hide or delete anything older than 1 month old.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!