Help with COUNTIF formula for between statement.

I am trying to show a count for how many values fall between >=100 and <150. But it is counting those in the column that fall into both categories duplicating the number. Here is my current formula: =COUNTIFS({SMARTRECRUITER, DEG Range 1}, <150, {SMARTRECRUITER, DEG Range 1}, <=100)

Then the next row would be:

=COUNTIFS({SMARTRECRUITER, DEG Range 1}, <99, {SMARTRECRUITER, DEG Range 1}, <=75)

I tried adding AND but it says #UNPARSEABLE

=COUNTIFS({SMARTRECRUITER, DEG Range 1}, <99 AND( {SMARTRECRUITER, DEG Range 1}, <=75)

Answers

• Hi @Sarah Bystrom

A COUNTIFS essentially has a silent "and" as the comma, so you don't need to include this in.

It looks like you just have the > symbol the wrong way around in your first formula.

Try this:

=COUNTIFS({SMARTRECRUITER, DEG Range 1}, <150, {SMARTRECRUITER, DEG Range 1}, >=100)

And again for your second one, make sure your "greater than" symbol is the right way around:

=COUNTIFS({SMARTRECRUITER, DEG Range 1}, <99, {SMARTRECRUITER, DEG Range 1}, >=75)

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Thank you so much! Some days you just need someone else to look at it. I kept staring at trying to figure out what I did wrong lol.

• No problem at all! 🙂

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!