Different between Excel and Smartsheet Formuale

Hi Team,

Would you be aware of to why Smartsheet would calculate the same data differently. I ran the Pivot for validation and those numbers don't tie back to how Smartsheet picked it. The COUNTIF formulae and all is correct with no errors or anything. Even with status types GH IJ and KL where one can filter out data manually on Smartsheet and look at count, how did Smartsheet calculate wrong

Can you share your experience with such a scenario and suggest for a fix.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you using the Pivot App for Smartsheet or using formulas? If formulas, exactly what are the formulas?

Have you tried creating a filter on the sheet containing the source data that has range/criteria sets mimicking what you want to count? When you apply the filter it will tell you at the top how many rows matched.

Is the source data EXACTLY the same between SS and Excel?

• Gaurav Chauhan
    Gaurav Chauhan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, Responding to your queries :

1. Are you using the Pivot App for Smartsheet or using formulas? If formulas, exactly what are the formulas? - Formuale. Dont have that module for Pivot
    2. Have you tried creating a filter on the sheet containing the source data that has range/criteria sets mimicking what you want to count? When you apply the filter it will tell you at the top how many rows matched. - Yes. when through all of the filter criteria's single and multiple which is required but the count simply doesn't match through formuale. As you pointed, the count appears at the top and that matches to the pivot.
    3. Is the source data EXACTLY the same between SS and Excel? - Absolutely, vetted again, infact imported from excel again.

=COUNTIF({Status}, "Active") AB=Active in the chart pasted on the initial request. The manual filter populates 41 and so does pivot on spreadsheet. I have no such issue on all my other sheets, unsure why its causing a trouble here.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!