Assigning a value to a field

Options

Hello.

Could use some help / suggestions on the following formula.

=IF(AND([Date Completed]@row = " ", [Due Date]@row >= TODAY()), [Past Due (Y/N)]@row = "True", [Past Due (Y/N)]@row = "False")

I have a Due Date field, a Past Due flag field, and a Date Completed field. I would like this process to set the Past Due (Y/N) field to "true" if Date Completed is BLANK .and. the Due Date is TODAY or greater, of course , until the work task is completed. I'd be happy to use the PAST DUE (Y/N) as a Symbol field, but that doesn't seem to work for me at this time. I continue to get the error message of # INVALID COLUMN VALUE.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Edward Nadareski

(e): ejnadareski@mmhayes.com

(p): (518) 857-1221

Tags:

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Edward Nadareski

This formula should be inserted in the [Past Due] flag column. I will assume that the formula, as you have it written, is 'True' for the Past Due column. Flag columns can be designated with a 1 as True and 0 as false. Since the false is also a 'do nothing or leave the flag blank', it can be implied.

=IF(AND([Date Completed]@row = "", [Due Date]@row >= TODAY()), 1)

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Edward Nadareski

This formula should be inserted in the [Past Due] flag column. I will assume that the formula, as you have it written, is 'True' for the Past Due column. Flag columns can be designated with a 1 as True and 0 as false. Since the false is also a 'do nothing or leave the flag blank', it can be implied.

=IF(AND([Date Completed]@row = "", [Due Date]@row >= TODAY()), 1)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!