Link to Dashboard on Sheets

Hello!

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to have a column on a sheet populate a link to a dashboard if the primary column is not blank. I know how to insert a hyperlink to the Smartsheet Dashboard, but it appears that cannot be converted to a column formula. I've tried creating the link as a Summary Field or on a different sheet and pulling that in with an IF statement, but that only returns the text, not the hyperlink. The goal is to use the delivered link to a Smartsheet item so this can be used as a template.

The goal is that I basically want to make it super easy for people to navigate back to the applicable dashboard from the sheet so if there is a different way to approach it, I would love to hear any thoughts/suggestions!

We will have different sub-dashboards too - Ex. Home, Design, Testing, etc.

Thanks for any ideas!! 😁

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Why not just use the Sheet Summary fields and show the users how to access the Summary so they can click on the link?

To be able to pull a hyperlink via formula, it has to be the actual URL. If you are using something different as the "Display Text" then a formula will only pull the display text as text and not maintain the hyperlink.

• @Paul Newcome so there is no solution to pulling the dashboard link into a column so that each task has a link to dashboard? people are working from reports that combine 100's of projects across the field, we need to have a quick way to jump from a portfolio wide task report back into a single project dashboard.

how can i force control center to populate actual link instead of display text? or to extract the link?

• i found a solution that works on a project plan: right click on cell and insert hyperlink and then choose smartsheet item. this link updates with new project provisions.

that being said, this solution does NOT work on a sheet where people add new items, such as a RAID log.

• L Darvesh
    L Darvesh ✭✭✭

@V_Szombathy Hi there. I know your post is a couple of years old but I was just wondering if you ever found a way to fix your issue.

I am using the PMO template set and want the project roll-up/tracking dashboard to automatically pull the One Drive folder link into the dashboard from the Metadata sheet....however I cannot find a way to do this.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received. I DO NOT want any of the 100 users to have access to a sheet or Summary. That would defeat the object of having specific project dashboards.

I am using the Business Plan by the way, not Control Centre.

Many thanks