Can I copy a sheet and keep values from a Count IF statement?

Is there a simple way I can copy a sheet where I need to remove links but keep the values as is? These values were derived from a COUNT IF statement on the original sheet and when I save a copy removing links, I get an INVALID error in that cell on the copied sheet, which makes sense since it is not able to count anything without the link in my formula.

I was thinking of having an extra column that copies the value and that value does carry over into the copied sheet. I could hide that copied column in original sheet (I don't need to see it there) and then do the reverse in my "Archive" sheet, namely hide the COUNT IF column (with INVALID due to no more links) and show column with copied value to keep a record of those values.

This will add a bunch of hidden columns which isn't a huge deal but I was wondering if there was a simpler way to be able to save that information?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance!

Susan

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Susan Vieira

I hope you're well and safe!

How much information is it? How many cells/columns?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Susan Vieira
    Susan Vieira ✭✭✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå This is the sheet I would like to make a copy of. The blue columns are all COUNTIFS statements. When I make a copy, they all become invalid as I am not copying over links. But I would like to capture those values in my copy.

I added a "test" column to see if the values in that column (which is a simple = neighbouring cell) carry over and they do. So I figured I would have to make a "test" column for each blue columns and hide them here and the do the reverse and hide my blue one in my copied sheet. Does this help? I have also shared the sheet to you.