Pulling specific Data from Project Intake

CJU
CJU ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi

I have a portfolio of projects and using the PMO template. I would like to pull the Target Start Date to my first activity in the respective project plan. What formula would I use to pull the specific project target Date for the Project Intake sheet?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @CJU

I hope you're well and safe!

You'd use a cross-sheet formula, VLOOKUP, or INDEX/MATCH, but you can't link it to the date column if you're using the Dependencies feature. You'd have to link it to another one and then add the date manually. That is what I do in some of my client solutions.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• CJU
    CJU ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi

I know I couldn't link to the top date, however as a target start date, even with dependencies, could I not link the date cell, of the first WBS activity; which would otherwise have a manual entry, to the cell in the Project Intake form? That way, the link still work, as well as dependencies, however as you mentioned, I would need to VLOOKUP or other, do be able to identify the particular project line, in the project intake form. Can you provide me a resource for how to create the VLOOKUP.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!