Auto populate 'Contact' column with respective email addresses

Hi Smartsheet community

We have table with multiple rows. Appreciate guidance on how to auto populate 'Contact' column with email addresses. Thank you very much!

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I mean a pre-built reference table that has everyone's names in one column and emails in another that can be used as a lookup table to pull the email based on the name in the working sheet.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have a table built where all of the names are listed in one column and the respective emails listed in another?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• Dear Sir

Please see image of table. Approximately 2500 - 3000 rows.

Task: 1.table is uploaded. 2.send email alerts to Employee Name if 'Complete Status' column = 'Overdue'

One way is to manually select recipients in 'Contact' column. However, there are 2500 rows and new table uploaded every week (not feasible)

Look forward to your answer. Thank you very much!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I mean a pre-built reference table that has everyone's names in one column and emails in another that can be used as a lookup table to pull the email based on the name in the working sheet.

10xViz.com

• Dear Sir

We do not have a pre-built table of 'Employee Name', 'Email' columns

Looking for solution that auto populates 'Email' column based on 'Employee Name'. Email column set to 'Contact'

This could be done manually (i.e. select from drop down list). However, it may not be feasible to do this for 2500 rows (or more). Appreciate help and guidance. Thank you.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Since you do not have a pre-built table to reference, you would need to set up an automation that will assign based on the name in the row. The problem with that is you will need to set up an automation for each of the different names.

Otherwise it is going to have to be done manually.

10xViz.com