Automation workflow: "Too many actions"

Hi there,

I got a message from Workflow design workspace stating: "Too many actions"

Would you know exactly what limit I've reached that triggered this message ?

I can count 34 conditions - is this a limit ?

I believe there are 75 actions - counting an email notification to 5 users as 5 actions : is this a limit ?

Thanks for your support

Pierre-Eric

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Pierre-Eric Collette

The limit is per-block, so an action block with 5 recipients counts as 1 action. However, there is a limit of 30 Action Blocks in one workflow (and a total of 100 blocks including trigger, condition, and action blocks).

If you have 34 Condition Blocks, it sounds like you have 34 Action Blocks based on each Condition which will be over the 30 limit.

I see that your trigger is when the Modified Column changes to any value. Instead of having the trigger be generic, I would suggest splitting up this workflow into many individual workflows, triggered by specific changes. For example, could you have the trigger be what you have in your Condition blocks, and have 34 workflows instead?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Pierre-Eric Collette

The limit is per-block, so an action block with 5 recipients counts as 1 action. However, there is a limit of 30 Action Blocks in one workflow (and a total of 100 blocks including trigger, condition, and action blocks).

If you have 34 Condition Blocks, it sounds like you have 34 Action Blocks based on each Condition which will be over the 30 limit.

I see that your trigger is when the Modified Column changes to any value. Instead of having the trigger be generic, I would suggest splitting up this workflow into many individual workflows, triggered by specific changes. For example, could you have the trigger be what you have in your Condition blocks, and have 34 workflows instead?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Thanks Genevieve, I'll go down that path. It seems it will solve my issue.

Is the 100 blocks max a limit per sheet ?

Cheers,

Pierre-Eric

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Pierre-Eric Collette

No, it's 100 block max per-workflow. 🙂

Cheers,

Genevieve