Assigna mail adress automaticly

Hi there ;

İ would like to get your advices about below issue ,

i have a column that i enter names ( colum name "Responsible") , near responsible column there is one column too (colum name "mail adresses" ) , is it possible that when i enter person name , mail adress will be written automaticly , these people that i add to column are not user of my account or smartsheet .

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Automatic Mail 

Hope you are fine, yes you can do that by creating a table in the same sheet or in new sheet contains 2 columns Name and Email then you can use a formula in any other sheet you need to collect the Email of each Name you enter automatically using functions like vlookup or Index with Match

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Automatic Mail 

Hope you are fine, yes you can do that by creating a table in the same sheet or in new sheet contains 2 columns Name and Email then you can use a formula in any other sheet you need to collect the Email of each Name you enter automatically using functions like vlookup or Index with Match

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!