Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Card View

Laura
Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 04/19/17 in Archived 2017 Posts

Any Card View Users?

See Screen Shot 

How can I get Card View to specify the Column Name on the card?

Ex: 

On the Left Card -  "JOB# 10002121"

10002121 is JOB# Column but when I'm looking at Card View it doesnt clarify that. I can work around this by manually adding "JOB#" in the cell before the #s

HOWEVER, when it comes to symbols / dropdowns, I cannot use that same work around.

I'd like for it to read across " COLUMN NAME : symbol"

Any suggestions/advice?

cardviewss.png

cardviewss.png

Comments

• Laura,

Definitely a work around, but you could use the a hidden + locked column containing a formula to represent this. Simply select this field instead of the real one to display.

The formula could be:   ="Status: " + Status1

Ben

Work around.PNG

• Not seeing a way to edit my old post with the new community layout, but I'm not seeing you meant a Symbol column and not a Dropdown column. My solution will definitely not work for that

• Laura
    Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks anyways! Hopefully someone will have some experience in working with multi-symbols on card view. 

• Laura
    Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Benjamin,

How would this formula read if you want it to remain blank if the cell its reading from is blank? 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Laura,

I would suggest writing an enhancement request for showing column names with symbol (configurable per field would be my suggested)

Why did the dropdown's not work?

Would it work with Ben's suggestion if you changed it to this:

=IF(NOT(ISBLANK(Status1)), "Status: " + Status1)

Craig

This discussion has been closed.