Approval Workflow with PTO Calendars

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to make a Team PTO Calendar based off the template smartsheet provides "Team Vacation Planner" However, when I setup the approval workflow. No matter if the PTO request was Declined, Pending it will still appear in the Calendar. Is there a way to hide it from the Calendar till "Approved" is chosen? otherwise it remains just in the grid view? or, what would be the best way to handle this if I only want the Approved one's to be viewable for our users who can see the calendar/have it attached to outlook.

Thank you!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @AusKee

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Use a so-called helper sheet to copy/move the approved ones or make the helper sheet the new master and copy to the one you have now.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• AusKee
    AusKee ✭✭

Hi Andree,

Is there a way for in the workflow automation once it is approved to have it delete the original entry so it is not clogging up the helper or master one?

Thank you!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@AusKee

Happy to help!

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to delete rows, but you could add another helper sheet and use it as an archive, and set up an alert to get notified at a specific level to delete the rows in bulk.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.