Is there a formula to calculate the overall state of a specific group of projects in a metadata?

Hi Smartsheet Community,

I am trying to calculate the total number of green, yellow and red projects I have on a sheet based on different project groupings. My goal is to be able to have a chart in the dashboard that would report on the overall state of a group of projects based on their location or strategic initiative.

Any suggestions on what this formula would look like would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Melisa Ozdeniz

Tags:

Answers

• Lidiya S.
    Lidiya S. ✭✭✭

Hello,

There is a great way to do this using the COUNTIFS formula! Your sheet would need to reference the project grouping on a row level. Example below:

=COUNTIFS(Group:Group, =[Group Name]@row, Status:Status, "Red")

=COUNTIFS({Metadata Column with the grouping name}, ="Grouping Name or point towards the cell with the group name", {Metadata Column with the project status}, "Project Status Color")

Then you can point your chart at the Group and the specific column status you want to display to look something like this:

@ me to discuss further!

Lidiya Shutaya

lidiya@ddbconsultants.ca

• @Lidiya Shutaya Thank you so much for your help!

• Lidiya S.
    Lidiya S. ✭✭✭

@melisaozdeniz No problem! If this worked out for you please set my answer to accepted in case someone else has a similar question :)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!