Viewing a Report in a Dashboard that is embedded in MS Teams

Options
SteCoxy
SteCoxy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

One of my colleagues has come to me with a query that has stumped me somewhat relating to a report not displaying on a dashboard that's embedded as a tab in MS Teams. My colleague is using the Smartsheet app to integrate into MS Teams for this instance.

I'm not sure if this might be related to the report/dashboard/publishing permissions/settings OR if this is expected behaviour, as we're attempting to view the report beyond Smartsheet and through 2 mechanisms - the dashboard through MS Teams?

I've attached the following screenshot to show what the error message appears as in the Report widget.

Any ideas if there is a way to fix this or are there any workarounds? The only thing I could think of is to use the dashboard's published unique web link and then have a tab that is a weblink?

Thanks in advance for any guidance with this.

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not 100% sure but appears to be to report configuration. If users are shared to the dashboard/underlying assets you can use a web url tab in teams with the normal link to the dashboard. This is what I normally do for dashboards in teams and it works.

Perhaps you could try publishing the report and embedding it as a web content widget on the dashboard if you have to use a published link

👨🏼💻 Dan Palenchar | School of Sheets Solutions Consulting | Smartsheet Aligned Gold Partner

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting and reacting w/ 💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome!

PS - If you have a follow up response tag me @SoS | Dan Palenchar so I get notified of your reply!