Anyone let me know why this Formula is failing to work

Options

It says INCORRECT ARGUMENT SET??

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP([Description List]1, {TGS Part No}, 3, false), 0)

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Eric Goldsmith

I agree that it would be helpful to see a screen capture of your source sheet and formula sheet, but please block out sensitive data. Can you identify what your {TGS Part No} range looks at?

Keep in mind if there are any errors in that referenced sheet, the error will appear in your current sheet as well. Are you referencing any columns that contain formulas in that {TGS Part No}?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Eric Goldsmith

I hope you're well and safe!

There seem to be multiple errors in the formula structure.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Eric Goldsmith

I agree that it would be helpful to see a screen capture of your source sheet and formula sheet, but please block out sensitive data. Can you identify what your {TGS Part No} range looks at?

Keep in mind if there are any errors in that referenced sheet, the error will appear in your current sheet as well. Are you referencing any columns that contain formulas in that {TGS Part No}?

• Eric Goldsmith
    Options

I`ve managed to solve this issue but thanks for replying. In the future, I will add screenshots picture paints a thousand words they say.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!