Nested OR function within and AND logical statement

Hello,

I am trying to have the following into a single logic statement:

IF

Nucleotide Category is "Labeled" AND Characterization Status is "Characterized"

AND QC Status is either "Pending" OR "Incomplete"

=IF(AND(Nucleotide Category]@row = "labeled", [Characterization Status]@row="Characterized", (OR([QC Status]@row="Pending",[QC Status]@row="Incomplete")),"True","False"))

The above formula is unparseable. I think I am close and have overlooked a bracket somewhere..

Tags:

Best Answer

• Joseph Adams
    Joseph Adams ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I figured it out!

=IF(AND(Nucleotide Category]@row = "labeled", [Characterization Status]@row="Characterized", OR([QC Status]@row="Pending",[QC Status]@row="Incomplete")),"True","False")

I needed to have the " [ " bracket there for the column. I left it out. Thanks for the help!

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/18/21

@Joseph Adams

Try this

=IF(AND(Nucleotide Category]@row = "labeled", [Characterization Status]@row="Characterized", OR([QC Status]@row="Pending",[QC Status]@row="Incomplete")),"True","False")

In your text above, 'Labeled' is shown with capitalization. Verify the capitalization as this needs to be an exact match.

cheers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Joseph Adams

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Kelly's excellent advice/answer.

@Kelly Moore In an IF function, it doesn't matter how you format the text.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Joseph Adams
    Joseph Adams ✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/20/21

Changing the case doesn't change the IF statement as far as I know. I did it regardless to match the actual expected inputs. Still no dice on a working formula. Also, other than removing the final bracket, the formula was the same as mine unless I am not reading it correctly. Still getting "unparseable"

• Joseph Adams
    Joseph Adams ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I figured it out!

I needed to have the " [ " bracket there for the column. I left it out. Thanks for the help!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!