Why am I getting an #Incorrect Argument Set when all I have done is change the Reference table?

I have a sheet that I am using as a master VLOOKUP table. I needed to duplicate the sheet so I can make updates for an upcoming project and not break my ongoing project using the current sheet. I created a copy of the original sheet and changed the name of it so it would not interfere.

On my sheet using the NEW lookup table I changed the formula that I already have to reference the new sheet and I get a #incorrect argument set error.

This formal works fine but references the old sheet:

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP([Part Number]@row, {Duke Master BOM Range 1}, 2, false), "")

This formula errors out but references the new sheet:

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP([Part Number]@row, {UPDATED Duke Energy Master BOM Range 1}, 2, false), "")

Any Idea what would be causing this?

Best Answer

• Robert Tebault
    Robert Tebault ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Found my error. It was in the reference table range. Was not referencing the entire sheet that makes up the table only individual columns. Corrected the reference and adjusted the column numbers and error went away.

Answers

• Robert Tebault
    Robert Tebault ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Found my error. It was in the reference table range. Was not referencing the entire sheet that makes up the table only individual columns. Corrected the reference and adjusted the column numbers and error went away.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!