Find Entry

Options

I have different entries for same id . How to check what is the latest entry for that id

For exampe:

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @PYI

Please check it now

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @PYI

Hope you are fine, please add a helper column (checkbox type) call it latest and use the following formula in that column and convert it to column format formula:

=IF(MAX(COLLECT([submitted on]:[submitted on], id:id, id@row)) > [submitted on]@row, 0, 1)

it will check the latest entry, the following screenshot shows the result:

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• PYI
    PYI ✭✭
    Options

Perfect Mr.Bassam,,, Thank you so much,, works fine,,, one more question if id starts with 0 ,,,,should i have to change the formula?

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/03/21
    Options

@PYI 

Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer)

PMP Certified

• PYI
    PYI ✭✭
    Options

I have tried out the formula , it works cool for all numbers,,,, but if its starts from 0,, results shows invalid operation.

Can anyone Please help me to find out

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ok I will check it for you

PMP Certified

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@PYI 

Please try the following formula:

=IFERROR(IF(MAX(COLLECT([submitted on]:[submitted on], id:id, id@row))
    > [submitted on]@row, 0, 1), "")

PMP Certified

• PYI
    PYI ✭✭
    Options

thank you for your time,, i tried out but now its not checking the latest date for id which starts 0(0987)...

need your help... can you please have a look,,, thank you for your support ,,,,

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@PYI 

if you like me to fix the formula directly on your sheet please share me as an admin on a sample copy of your sheets ( Source & Destination ) and i will Create the exact formula for you then you can copy it to your original sheet.

My Email for sharing : Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

• PYI
    PYI ✭✭
    Options

I shared the sheet,, Can you please have a look.. Thank you very much.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @PYI

Please check it now

PMP Certified

• PYI
    PYI ✭✭
    Options

Great !! Perfect ....

Thank you so much Mr.Baasam,,, I really appreciate your kind help.....

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/12/21
    Options

@PYI

You are welcome and i will be happy to help you any time.

PMP Certified

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!