Comments/Discussions from Forms

I would like to be able to map to the comments/conversations string from form entry.

I have seen a couple of questions about this over the last year, and the answer has been,

"Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment, but it's an excellent idea!".

Just wondering if this was ever achieved?

As a work around, I just a comments column to the form/sheet, but I love having it all archived in the row comments. Any other work arounds that anyone has discovered?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Vanessa U.

I hope you're well and safe!

That seems like it's me that has answered a couple of those posts. 😉

Not sure I follow!

Can you elaborate on how you'd like it to work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andree,

Yes, I do think you have answered this a few times. I created a form to add new rows to an existing Smartsheet. The users asked if there was a way to add comments to the row through the form. My understanding is that you can only add comments to an existing line. I created a free-form comments column and added that to the form for the initial row addition, but obviously this won't feed into the row comments. Hope that makes sense?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!