Copying from Smartsheet to OUTLOOK or WORD

When copying from Smartsheet to WORD or OUTLOOK I am not able to copy the table format. The only option to paste is text. For example, I used to be able to copy a couple cells in Smartsheet & paste them into an email, & the resulting paste would retain the cell format. Now when I paste it is only text. Is there a change I need to make in the formatting in order to get this back?

Thanks

Answers

• Jason Albrecht
    Jason Albrecht ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @tkuster

I don't have an answer to your question sorry, as it seems I have the same issue of only pasting text.

I know that once pasting the text I can highlight the data, go to Insert / Table / Convert Text to Table.

I then choose Layout / Cell Size / AutoFit to 'Window' and then repeat for 'Contents'

Table Design then give me options to format with colours and other Table Style Options.

I know this doesn't help with the simple copy and paste of style we once had, sorry, but hopefully this helps in the meantime?

Hope this helps and that you have a great day,

Jason Albrecht MBA, MBus(AppFin), DipFinMgt

LinkedIn profile - Open to work

• Krissia B.
    Krissia B. Moderator

Hello @tkuster

Thank you for post! Upon further review & testing on this feature, this seems to be an expected behaviour with using Smartsheet & different application.

• Using keyboard shortcut for copy/paste pastes the content as strings/texts only.
    • Right-clicking mouse also only allows for paste as strings/texts only. No formatting is carried over.
    • Using Outlook or Word (browser version also tested) within the same browser tab is also not supported.

Please submit an Enhancement Request on this to be considered for future development in Smartsheet!

In the meantime, visit the link for Tips for Using Copy and Paste

Cheers~

Krissia