COUNTIF for "Dropdown (Multi Delect)"

Hi all,

I'm hoping you might be able to help me. I'm putting together a Benefits tracker for my organisation's project portfolio, which aims to identify and categorise the Non-financial benefits (NFBs) that our projects will seek to realise.

One of the aims of this tracker is to be able to quantify how many projects are delivering each type of NFB Category (i.e., Improved Efficiency, Increased Staff Satisfaction, etc.).

For this purpose I have created a Dropdown (Multi Select) column that allows us to select the various NFBs categories that a given project will seek to deliver.

The trouble I'm having is counting these. I have set up separate analysis tool with a COUNTIF formula, with the range set as the Dropdown column mentioned above, and the individual category names as the criteria. Unfortunately, despite multiple occurrences of all categories in question, the formulae are returning zero.

I assume Smartsheet is unable to count data in this type of column, but wanted to ask if anyone knows a workaround that I could implement?

Many thanks in advance for your help on this matter, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,

Gerhard

Best Answer

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!