Automatic generation of form from template

Options

I have a form for new clients to submit company self-onboarding info. I would like each new company submission to generate a new form from a template to collect user info for that company. The goal is to have the users for each client to be collected in an individual sheet rather than having one sheet with users for all clients. Is there a way of doing that?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @CNM

I hope you're well and safe!

Do you have access to the Premium App, Control Center?

Not sure I follow.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• CNM
    CNM ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, Andrée. I'm using the trial version. As part of onboarding, I want a new client to complete a form with a series of questions for that company.

When the new client submits this form, I want to direct them to a form to submit info for each user in that company. I have a template for the user info and I could easily collect the info for users of any new client in one sheet.

However, I would prefer to collect the user info for each new client in a new sheet for that client. I am wondering if there's any way to do it.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@CNM

Happy to help!

If you send them the form, you could have a templatized structure that you copy for each new client and then share the specific form with them.

Make sense?

Would that work?

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• CNM
    CNM ✭✭
    Options

That's not really what I'm looking for. I can copy the template for each new client and share with them without a problem. What I want is to automate those steps. When a new client is submitted, a user form for that company would be automatically generated from my template and shared with the company.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@CNM

Ok.

You'd need to have Control Center, or it might be possible with the Smartsheet API.

How many clients can you have monthly?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!