How to create a single Automation workflow for different Conditions

Sandhiya07
Sandhiya07 ✭✭
edited 10/11/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi Team,

I have the scenario where different people handling different center in a Company, if any access required they need to contact particular head. Like A have to contact B and C have to contact D. So in a sheet A,B,C,E,F will be there, I need to make a condition if A is the Team lead means, request approval from B and approved means lock rows and so on.... Similarly for each team lead the same process.

Actually I have created workflow for single team lead but if I try to keep every conditions in a singe workflow, it's not working. Only A alone working, remaining are not working.

My Condition look like this,

For rejection I have different scenario.. My issue here is, if A is team Lead, condition working properly but for C not working in a single automation workflow.

Kindly help me on this to solve the issue.

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sandhiya07

Hope you are fine, i advise you to create a deferent workflow for each team lead it's faster and better for control.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Hi @Bassam Khalil ,

Hope you are also good.

But I have more than 10 Leads in that case 10 workflow need to be created, if it increases again it is a more work.

Kindly suggest any other logic.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Sandhiya07

It's not a problem to create 10 workflow or more in one sheet but the problem if you will marge 10 condition or more in one workflow you must be careful of condition conflict and you must have good experience in workflow analysis to avoid those conflicts.

if you like please share me as an admin on a sample sheet and let us try to create it together. to see if it's possible.

My Email for sharing : Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"