Problem to move infos from one sheet to an another

I have a problem with my Smartsheet sheets. I made a mistake and instead of copying datas from one sheet to an another, i have transferred datas from one to the other sheets. After this manipulation, I deleted a lot of info in the new sheet because these infos were not useful.

Today I want to come to the oldst version of the sheet from which I transferred the data. Is it possible ?

Thanks in advance.

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Yad

Restoring this data will depend on what plan type you are on. If you are on a Business or Enterprise plan, then you should have access to something called the Activity Log in your sheet.

Then, if you are a licensed sheet owner or admin, you can find a point in history in this Log and "request a snapshot of your sheet". This will send the owner of the sheet an excel file that contains the data from the grid of your sheet from that point in time. (See: Track the History of Changes with Activity Log)

If you are unable to complete these actions, have the sheet owner reach out to Smartsheet Support with the date and time that they need the excel file from and the URL of the sheet.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi Genevieve,

Thank you for your feedback. We already have done this, so we went to the document, went to the activity log and we could download in .csv all the modifications that there were done in the "new" sheet.

But we don't have the excel file of the sheet with the date and time that we need. How to do in that case? Is it possible to have for one sheet an excel file at one date and time?

Thanks,

Best regards,

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Yad

Yes! If you find the date/time that you need in the Activity Log, then you just need to click the grey arrow next to the relevant action. From here you can "Request Snapshot":

(See: Track the History of Changes with Activity Log)

Cheers!

Genevieve