Email (Outlook 365) into Smartsheet

I'd like emails that arrive in an Outlook 365 inbox to be added as a row in Smartsheet. What's the best way to do this?

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/18/21 Answer ✓

Hey @Sheila Julien

You may be able to do this using the microsoft workflow app 'Power Automate', which may be part of your Microsoft subscription.

I use PowerAutomate often to help seamlessly move between the microsoft and smartsheet work processes. You can find the 'how to' on most PowerAutomate flows with a quick search on the internet. The routine would look something like this. Since you mentioned Outlook 365, be sure to select Outlook365 connector. You'll find each of these steps expand for specific parameters - not unlike the way we add conditions to smartsheet routines

Note: You must be an owner of the inbox or have access permission to the mailbox.

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/18/21 Answer ✓

Hey @Sheila Julien

You may be able to do this using the microsoft workflow app 'Power Automate', which may be part of your Microsoft subscription.

I use PowerAutomate often to help seamlessly move between the microsoft and smartsheet work processes. You can find the 'how to' on most PowerAutomate flows with a quick search on the internet. The routine would look something like this. Since you mentioned Outlook 365, be sure to select Outlook365 connector. You'll find each of these steps expand for specific parameters - not unlike the way we add conditions to smartsheet routines

Note: You must be an owner of the inbox or have access permission to the mailbox.

• Sheila Julien
    Sheila Julien ✭✭✭✭

Thank you, Kelly!