Dashboard question

Options

New smartsheet user here. I have a number of spreadsheets (or grids) that I want to display on a dashboard.

So far as I've been able to determine, in order to do that, I have to create a report that essentially duplicates the spreadsheet. (If this is wrong, let me know please)

Once I add the report to the dashboard, using the action if I click on the report to open source, it takes me to the report. Is there a way instead when I click to take me to the spreadsheet/grid so I can update the data? I really don't even want/need the report, it just seems to be the only way to get the info in the grid onto the dashboard. Thanks!

Tags:

Best Answer

• Javed Hassan
    Javed Hassan ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello!

The way I would approach this is to go to the sheet and set your view/filters as you want, then save. Copy the URL from the sheet at that point, and return to your dashboard. Change the widget behavior to "Open another site..." and then paste your URL in.

Hope this helps!

Answers

• Javed Hassan
    Javed Hassan ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello!

The way I would approach this is to go to the sheet and set your view/filters as you want, then save. Copy the URL from the sheet at that point, and return to your dashboard. Change the widget behavior to "Open another site..." and then paste your URL in.

Hope this helps!